As a qualified Psychodynamic Psychotherapist, I have been helping clients to make the changes in their lives that matter to them, by offering support and challenging preconceived ideas in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment. I have been practising Counselling, Psychotherapy in South West London since 2007.
We agree to work in a way that best suits your individual situation, this may be in Once or Twice weekly therapy. In addition to this I offer thearpy on an open-ended basis this allows you to get the support that you need without any time constraints; this includes longer-term therapy as well as emergency and crisis counselling.
About Professional Membership.
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and I work in accordance within the Code of Ethics and the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy as set out by the BACP.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling from the University of London, Birkbeck College and academic awards in Counselling from Kingston and NESCOT Colleges.
- BA (Hon’s) from The University of Westminster.
- In line with the code of ethics for best practice, I regularly undertake courses and other trainings in specialist areas of counselling and psychotherapy, such as eating disorders, bipolar disorder, depression, bereavement and anxiety.
- Volunteer Counsellor and Psychotherapist since 2005, providing counselling within a Charity, for people with a wide range of difficult issues and life experiences such as childhood abuse or neglect.
- Counselling Intake Assessor for large, well-established charity in Wimbledon South West London, assessing the therapeutic needs of new clients presenting themselves for counselling.
- Attending supervision sessions in accordance with BACP guidelines to provide the best level of care and practice for my clients.
- Work with overseas clients via ‘Skype’. Whichever path you choose, the aims of Counselling, Psychotherapy are to enable you to enhance your quality of life and to live life more fully.